Newfield Dental will be opening on June 1st and we have established a set of protocols to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. These protocols are in accordance with CDC, ADA, and OSHA guidelines.
The following is an explanation of the protocols we have implemented in our office in response to COVID-19.
- When making your appointment patients will partake in a screening questionnaire to determine if they display any symptoms of illness, were in contact with someone ill, or have traveled recently.
- Patients are provided new patient forms, screening questionnaires and other necessary paperwork on our website to be filled out prior to their appointment. A link will be sent when confirming the appointment. Patients who cannot fill out paperwork at home are able to do so in the operatory room after checking in.
- Our waiting rooms are closed to avoid patient-to-patient interactions. Our patients will need to call the office upon arrival and wait in the car. A team member will meet you at the front door when we are ready for you.
- Upon arrival, all patients will have their temperature taken with a no-contact thermometer to ensure normal temperature. It is up to the dentist to decide if they would like to continue the treatment of the patient if they register an elevated temperature. You will be required to wear a mask at all times except for when treatment is being rendered.
- After checking in, patients are escorted to the operatory room. Only patients who are minors can have their parent or guardian present in the operatory room. All other escorts and/or family members will have to come back after the treatment is complete.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Please be patient with us as we work to navigate through these new challenges.
- We are assessing the health status of all our employees daily. Rest assured that if any employee shows signs or symptoms of illness that they will not be reporting to work. Regarding PPE, all administrative staff will be masked at all times. Clinical staff have been fitted and assigned N95 respirators and provided with face shield and/or goggles, gowns and gloves for each new patient.
- Additionally, we have adopted Diversey Virex II 256 disinfectant. This hospital grade disinfectant is Bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal. It is on the EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) list of products that is effective against COVID-19. It will be used in an aerosolized form to disinfect the air and working surfaces after each patient appointment to ensure patient safety without the introduction of harmful/caustic chemicals.
Please do not hesitate to ask our staff with any questions regarding our response to COVID-19. Please reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns at 203-890-9300.
The Newfield Dental Team